Working with the communities at Graylingwell Park and Roussillon Park, Chichester Community Development Trust empowers people by developing skills and supporting projects that create local opportunities, employment and build community spirit.
Chichester Community Development Trust (CCDT) also owns and manages community buildings and land, safe-guarding these important spaces for the community, and reinvesting profits to create long-term economic, social and environmental benefits.
- We work in partnership with local people, other local agencies and stakeholders to improve the quality of life for all residents and the wider Chichester community.
- We encourage others by sharing learning and successes
- We provide leadership, support and encouragement for community groups so local people feel empowered to improve their own lives.
- We manage projects and initiatives that raise aspirations and create volunteering and job opportunities for our communities.
Helping you create a bright future for your community.
Chichester Community Development Trust puts creativity and entrepreneurial spirit at the heart of its work in the community.
Working across the district, the Trust empowers people by developing skills and supporting projects that create local opportunities, employment and community spirit.
The Trust owns and manages community buildings and land, safe-guarding these important spaces for the community, and reinvesting profits to create long-term economic, social and environmental benefits.
Enterprise for all
We think enterprise is the best way to transform lives. We want to unlock the talents of our community members, support entrepreneurial ventures and create valuable partnerships and collaborations.
We are quick to act and make the most of a bright idea or opportunity.
We listen to your views and wishes for the community. If you want to improve your community in some way, we can help you succeed.
We are friendly, fun and passionate about community.
We believe everyone can play a part, regardless of background, wealth or age.
We like to come up with fresh ways of thinking, doing and achieving.
We respond to change and priorities, and are resilient for the future
Chichester Community Development Trust is a charity and was set up in 2009.
Development Trusts are organisations that are:
- Community based, owned and led
- Engaged in the economic, environmental and social development of the community
- Independent but work in partnership with other private, voluntary and public sector organisations
- Self-sufficient and not for private profit
Differing from many other development trusts, CCDT was established as a requirement of the sale of Graylingwell Hospital to Linden Homes and Affinity Sutton.
From its first days, Chichester Community Development Trust worked hard to represent the needs of the new Graylingwell community, took responsibility for planning and negotiating for community buildings and led on the development of a sustainable community. Thanks to its success in these initial stages, CCDT was asked to represent the new community at Roussillon Park after the sale of the old barracks in 2010.
Since then, Chichester Community Development Trust has ensured the successful completion of two community buildings and delivered many community-building projects.